Saturday, September 8, 2012

Coffee Experiment: Candy Corn (C+)

This was a disappointment.  In retrospect, it should have been obvious.

These candy corns are a symbol of Autumn where I'm from and since it was below 70 degrees when I took my coffee I thought it would be a good idea to try them in my drink.  I mean, they're just compressed sugar with a little flavoring?  Right? 

I put four pieces in the cup and poured the coffee.  When the coffee had cooled off enough to drink I noticed the candy corn hadn't melted.  Tough stuff.  So I stirred until it was mostly melted, and when I drank it I was disappointed.  It was sweetened - a little - but that was all.  It was the effect of a spoonful of sticky sugar, and the messy lump at the bottom didn't fully dissolve.  Too bad.  C+

No comments:

Post a Comment