Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Creepy Person at Wal-Mart

A Wal-Mart just opened near my place.  I know everyone says they hate them, but since we started shopping there it's been like getting a pay raise or something, because it's a heck of a lot cheaper.  And they have cool underground access.

But there is one thing that's odd about it.  I couldn't help but notice this guy sitting in a perch watching everything:


It's hard to tell, but he's quite a ways up in the air.  Silent.  Unmoving.  Staring down on us all.


Am I the only person who thinks this is unnecessarily creepy?

3 comments:

  1. It is really creepy, but I'm guessing that it's a rafters-scarecrow. Every Walmart I've ever been in has had a problem with birds. If I was a sparrow, I would get the heck out of that Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked to me like a dummy who was demonstrating that tall hunting nest, but I hadn't thought of it as a scarecrow. That's probably it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still kinda creepy, but maybe Walmart opted for that instead of the cannons they use to scare birds at UNT.

    As long as you are enjoying shopping at Wal-Mart, be sure not to watch the documentary Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price.

    I know...it may be mean of me to tempt you with this, but that is something friends are for..you know, to be mean sometimes.

    ReplyDelete