Monday, August 10, 2009

Live Blogging from Nerd Camp



9:30 a.m. - The Mouth reveals himself. This time, it's a college student. Every class has one: a guy who thinks every sentence uttered by anyone in the room is an invitation for him to explain his philosophy on life and relate a lengthy anecdote.

10:44 a.m. - I'm taking apart the equipment they've given me when no one is looking. I hope it works when I have to use it.

11:45 - Lunch. It's a good meal. Everything goes well until someone asks The Mouth a question about his job and he talks for thirty minutes without stopping. People try to get a word in but they can't because these people always master the ability to talk without stopping. Surely, everyone has to take a breath - maybe he can talk while breathing in. Not sure. One by one people seated at the table creep away until one unlucky person is left to listen. (I barely dodged that bullet.)

12:58 p.m. - Just got back from the bathroom. For once, someone is asking a smart question. And I was out of the room. Perfect.

3:41 p.m. - Teacher tried to graphically represent the fourth-dimension and couldn't figure out how. I recommended a teseract. No response.

No comments:

Post a Comment