Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Will be Speaking at a Texas Medieval Symposium!

My professor told me about a cool medieval symposium and that I could be a speaker at this symposium if I sent an abstract (short proposal) to them by a certain date. I did my research and was completely ready.

Until the deadline rolled around and I forgot. Late that evening, I thought about my paper and began to consider how I should write it when a small voice said to me, "You idiot, you only have a few hours left to send in your abstract and you are not near a computer!"

Oops.

I sprang into action and quickly typed it up on my Motorola Q phone and emailed the professor that evening. It was hasty and short, but at least I had tried.

I was surprised to see that they accepted my abstract the next day and would select the speakers in two weeks. I was more surprised on Monday when I got a message saying that I had been chosen as one of them! Thus, on January 30, 2009, I will be speaking at the University of North Texas Medieval Graduate Student Symposium. (Long name.) I can't wait.

I should probably write that paper at some point.

2 comments:

  1. If you're like me, you will write it on the evening, late evening, night, late night, early morning of January 29th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats BTW, I can say that I am acquainted with a well known speaker!

    ReplyDelete