Monday, June 23, 2008

1st Anniversary - Paper


It's been one year. One perfect year. And, depending on who you are, it's going to get better, or worse. Or stay about the same.

Anyway, today marks my one year anniversary of being married to Christine. It's been great. We only dated for 5 months before the engagement and some people were totally caught off-guard when it happened, but we knew it was the right way to go. I knew it was what I wanted the first time I saw her. I'm not usually the sappy type (I think it's boring when Old Yeller dies) but I fell for Christine the moment I saw her and every morning when I see her beautiful eyes I know that I am lucky.

We spent our weekend in Denton, TX; a mini-vacation where we checked out the interesting stores and spent time at a nice hotel. It's tradition to give a gift of paper for the first anniversary, this year it took the form of hotel room tickets. (Here's a list of anniversary gifts for every year, in case you are interested.)

Some have told us that the first year is the hardest, others say it is the easiest. When I tell people that we don't fight, people often say, 'you will' very smugly. I suspect that they are jealous of my relationship. Either way, the lesson here is that this marriage thing is not the same for everyone, but by working hard and putting the other's needs before our own we have had a very fun and fulfilling year. I know that I am a better person for it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Adam and Christine. I am certainly happy for you and continue to keep you in my prayers every week. Ahhh, isn't it nice to be past the days of nervousness, wondering about the rest of your life, and trying to hide engagement rings in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, y'all are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete