Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Have My Life Back

In October I quit my previous job. I told them that I wanted to pursue my Master's degree and that I needed to take a different job in order to do that. It was the truth, but in between the lines, I was really saying, "I want my life back."

I met with the director of the Medieval Studies department and have been allowed to join the graduate program. In order to join the program I had to submit a writing sample, which meant writing a small paper. Specifically, it meant writing 5 pages on the Templars and Baphomet, and I had a blast. I did my research in the largest library in the Southwest and was able to quickly write a good paper on an interesting topic. This may not sound like a big deal, but I enjoyed myself like a gearhead working on a hot rod.

I play guitar at shows with my wife. We play somewhere every week, sometimes more tha one place per week. It's exciting and I am always meeting new people and watching new artists. I couldn't do this a year ago, I tried, but my last job was very demanding and took up all of my time. I enjoy my job (I was working in software customer support) and I get along with my co-workers. I own two adorable cats and I live with a beautiful woman.

I have my life back and it's great.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about you getting to join the Medieval Studies program! Sounds like a blast, and I look forward to talking about it someday.

    Must be nice getting to play shows with your wife too. You've got a great God who gives good gifts.

    ReplyDelete