Wednesday, January 23, 2008

He was one of my Favorites

There aren't many actors I like. In fact, I think the good ones normally go unnoticed while people speculate about quasi-actors from shows like 'Friends'. (Ask 100 people about their favorite Alfred Molina film and see if anyone has one.)

But, Heath Ledger was truly great. It is difficult to speak of him in the past tense because he was such a fantastic actor. He had a smile that could light up everyone's face in the movie theater. It seems there was nothing he could not do. His British character in 'The Four Feathers' quite convincingly pulled off looking like a Middle-Eastern man while carrying his personal guilt with him. He was a confused but dogmatic (and still very likable) priest in 'The Order' and an excellent foil to Mel Gibson in 'The Patriot'.

He was one of my favorites. He's going to be missed. I certainly hope his example brings more dignity and talent to the largely useless pool of celebrities we deal with today.

Here are some Heath Ledger clips I'll probably never forget as long as I live.




1 comment:

  1. Molina - Of course, I have to go with "the Spaniard" in "Maverick." I completely agree with you about Ledger - great actor. I was never a big fan of "The Patriot" (which we disagreed upon on several occasions at DBU), but I was a fan of 10 Things, A Knight's Tale, and the new Batman movie, even before it has been released.

    ReplyDelete